Sunday, July 18, 2010

Thing # 12

Cool Cat Teacher has a wonderful point about criticism of ideas.  I love how she touches on the high likelihood that at some point someone is going to be very critical of what you have posted - whose main goal is to "steal your enthusiasm for blogging with... unkindness".  Her advice: delete and never look back!  She then continues about how to properly comment for productive reasons - all of which are techniques teachers use daily when guiding students toward improvement.

A common theme among every suggested commenting etiquette sites is to be sure that your comment is adding to the conversation.  Don't comment just to write, be clear and positive about what you want to say to help the conversation.

For my 2 blogs of interest...
 I first chose this one about picky eating.  Although my son is only 14 months, it can be a real battle to feed him.  (Mainly because I refuse to allow him to survive on Goldfish and Graham crackers as he would choose...)  his blog has LOTS of great tips for helping older children eat well.
This blog is set up to help with gardening in the DFW area.  It has lots of ideas and help for gardening in this area - something I struggle with after learning everything I know about gardening in the fertile, Iowa area, and not the desert that is Texas... 

1 comment:

  1. Okay so I'm one of those posting folks who don't add that much to the conversation but seriously, that photo of Kyle with the watermelon is absolutely without a doubt one of the cutest kid pics I have ever seen!!!

    ReplyDelete