Well, my technorati keyword search for "School Library Learning 2.0" came back with nothing for both blog and posts. So, I did my own search - kittens. Yeah, this is definitely not something we can use in our school, as a benign search came back with some very colorfully worded blogs and posts!
And, of course, the popular blogs, searches and tags page is not currently working.
Technorati is great for finding what you would like to catch up on in the world. It isn't wonderful for searching for classroom specific content, but I don't think it is meant for that. Technorati seems to be more geared towards what people are talking about, even gossiping about, not finding facts about topics. It is a directory of opinions, which can be a very fun experience, indeed.
I do think tags can help quickly refine searches and get you to what you are looking for faster. That can make a huge difference when you only have a few minutes to find, research, and create a lesson.
No comments:
Post a Comment