What do I like about rss feeds? It definitely makes catching up on some of my favorite web pages much easier and much more concise. By visiting my Google Reader I am actually visiting 9 different sites all at once. Some of my blogs on my rss feed are blogs friends have set up to keep in touch while they are visiting amazing places I can only dream of going myself. In my personal life, it is so much easier to keep up with them and their adventures on one page. Professionally, it is so much easier to stay on top of new literature, new articles or just new thinking about student learning. This is important because we are constantly learning more and more about how we learn. As a teacher or an administrator it is important to know about these new theories to improve our schools so that we can best meet the needs of our students.
On that note, some of my favorites:
i can has cheeseburger
Baby Cheapskate
Catalytic Conversations
Daniel Pink
Simply Recipes
That's Fit
(And, yes, the reader must never be opened when work needs to be done or no work will ever get done!!)
Thanks for sharing the Simply Recipes site -- love it! Here's one that I recently found:
ReplyDeletewww.preppynewlywed.blogspot.com
In fact, we have friends coming for dinner tonight, and both my main and side dish recipes are from here.
Kate,
ReplyDeleteI love RSS, too, because it simplifies reading of favorite blogs, well, the endless opening and closing of so many blogs is avoided. But it can use up soooo much of my time, I actually must limit myself to Sundays and summer time reading. If I start it on a school night, I'm doomed. Check out my post on Molte Bene on this Thing to find a few of my favorite blogs. And by the way, you're doing a great job! V.
P.S.
ReplyDeleteI'm a huge fan of Mark Millron's "Catalytic Conversions" as well. How do you know him? He was a featured speaker at the ISAS division heads conference a year ago, and was mesmerizing and inspiring.
Oops!
ReplyDeleteMeant to type Catalytic Conversations instead of Conversions. Time to close up and go home!
I love the Simple Recipes site too!! I usually just use allrecipes.com too. Healthy eating is the way to go!
ReplyDelete