Well, from everything I have read Blogline is the easiest to read - problem is it isn't working for me right now. (Says it is FORBIDDEN. Impressive considering I am not at school and nothing is blocked like this at home...) That said, Google search was easy to use and I could search for what ever I wanted to. Edublog is interesting in that it has a TON of sites that apply to education, though the site funnels you through pre-chosen, "award" blogs rather than letting you search for your own content.
I am finding that I need to decide if I really want to keep up with the site on my reader, because it is so easy to just add sites that I could spend an entire day trying to read all of the new posts. (Yes, they are easy to remove if I really want to, but I don't want a lot of excess posts keeping me from enjoying the sites I really want to stay caught up with.) For example, I love getting new recipes to try out - many come to my inbox on a daily basis. If I really let myself, I would sign up for 20 different cooking/recipe sites. Though fun to look at, it would consume all of my time to review them all - and I have had to put a limit on my reader time so I don't stay up ALL NIGHT looking at it. :o)
I have actually toyed with the idea of setting up different RSS feeders for the different parts of my life. That way you could have a cooking feed, a teaching feed, a friend feed, etc. I totally understand how reading all the feeds you choose would take all the free time in your day! Good luck and have fun reading!
ReplyDelete