Sunday, August 1, 2010

Thing # 23

Holy Cow!  Thing # 23!

1.  What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
Ohhhh...  I had a great time with image editors and mashups.  I love images, so playing more with flickr is probably high on my list as well.  I should give a strong honorable mention to my new addiction, Google reader.

2.  How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
Well, as a lifelong learner it has helped me explore more deeply into web 2.0 tools.  As I said earlier, I love pictures, and I have definitely found some new ways to treat them.  I think technology is an area of life that is always changing so quickly we constantly have to learn new and different things to keep up with it.  That means we are kept in a state of prickly, stomach-turning frustration as we endeavor to learn the latest thing that is necessary for up to date teaching.  This course is a great step in challenging oneself to learn more about what already exists in our technology world.

3.  Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
 I was surprised at just how many pictures there are and how specific you could be when searching for pictures on flickr.

4.  What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
 I LOVE the "In Plain English" videos!  They do a great job of breaking down and explaining what the web 2.0 features are and how they work.  The format is great - I really appreciated the go-at-your-own-pace.  (Summers can be so busy!)  Maybe check to be sure everything is up to date - The web 2.0 "winners list" is old in technology terms, and many winners no longer exist or have been replaced. 

5.  If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
 Sure!  (A web 3.0 in the works?)

6.  How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
 A Delightfully Stimulating Achievement!

7.  Now go and comment on some of the other Players' blogs?
OK - I have been trying to do this the entire time now.  I thought for a while I was, then realized it wasn't working, and I am still trying to figure out why I am not able to post on anyone's blog...  The goofy word to type in never appears for me.  It isn't even letting me comment on my own blog.  (Technological standard answer #3 - Because it can!)

Until next time - I'll see you in paradise!













**This is my husband and I at Paradise Cafe, summer '08

8 comments:

  1. Don't feel alone with regards to not being able to post comments. I experienced the samething only to discover that after I clicked post this comment I then had to go below and type in the code that was shown in order for my comment to post. Hope this helps. Your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps it is actually called word verification code. This is what I was not completing after clicking post comment. Happy posting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technology isn't it great. I posted the these comments but was helping a friend and apparently my comments posted from her blog instead of mine. Sorry my blog is Sunshine-ap.blogspot.com
    Have great school year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So how does it feel to be finished? I'm just on Thing 12.

    I like your picture. Was it taken this summer or were you on the computer finishing the 23 things?

    Thing 12 has helped me realize that commenting on people's blogs is just like talking to them except you have to watch your spelling and grammar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the picture. Hopefully it was your little reward for finishing the 23 things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kate, congratulations. I have spent my summer at the hospital with dad so I have not kept up with you and the 23 things! We need to talk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kate!

    OMG, girl, you did such an amazing job on your 23 Things this summer. I am so proud of you and your work! Congratulations on finishing, and thank you for your perseverance. You rock!

    I enjoyed your final commments most and the photo, too. Can't wait to catch up in person.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. comments with two letter mm, not three!

    ReplyDelete